What happens if I don't get an EIN Employer Identification Number?

Legally, you are required to identify your business with one of two numbers: either your Social Security Number or an EIN (Employer Identification Number, a.k.a. Federal Tax ID Number). If you are a sole proprietor, your Social Security Number can be used on all of your government forms and other official documents, but most small business advisors recommend that you apply for an EIN and use that number instead. If you are a corporation (S-Corp), LLC or other state-level entity, you must obtain an EIN because your business is an entirely separate legal entity. Furthermore, banks require an EIN in order to open a business bank account.

© LegalCreation.com 2007 :: All Rights Reserved WorldWide
At the Suwanee, GA offices of LegalCreation.com, we represent clients throughout Georgia, including Lawrenceville, Barrow, Braselton, Loganville, Dekalb, Buford, Norcross, Forsyth, Dacula, Snellville, Gwinnett, Duluth, Sugar Hill, Hall, Gainesville, Suwanee, Grayson, Stone Mountain, Winder, and Lilburn
Grossiweb.com Web Design :: Internet Marketing